Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sketchy Postal Service

I received an envelope in the mail Saturday from an author. It was sent to me via media mail (which I don't recommend for sending ANYTHING) but still!

When I got the envelope it had a sticker on the back from the post office that was marked "received unsealed"! Yeah whatever! I could plainly see that the author TAPED the envelope closed and I could tell that it was CUT open! There were two books in the envelope when it was mailed. ONE paperback and ONE hardcover! When I got the envelope the hardcover book was gone! I guess that postal worker has a new book to read! I hope they enjoy it! Thank you Michael Haskins for understanding and agreeing to send me another copy :) You rock!
 

6 comments:

roro said...

omg

Christina Irelan said...

IKR! Crazy! Well I hope they thoroughly enjoy that book...must have wanted it pretty badly to steal it!

toni said...

Hi, thanks for welcoming me at book blogs. :) I can't believe the postie took your book. But at least you're getting a replacement. Hopefully that finds its way safely to you!

Christina Irelan said...

Glad to see that you came to visit Toni!

I never thought that would happen with the postal service BUT I guess I know now...you really can't trust anyone these days :(

anaavu said...

Wow. A couple of weeks ago, I received a similar package, but it was completely empty! The person had even taken off the author's name and everything, so I have no clue who it was supposed to come from!

Ana
http://www.book-spark.blogspot.com/

Christina Irelan said...

Isn't it horrible! I mean really?? Can we not trust ANYONE anymore? UGH!