Sunday, November 23, 2014

Review: House of Shame

House of Shame 

by: Caddy Rowland

Publication Date: October 2, 2014

There Was a House Saga book 4 (Conclusion)

Synopsis:  Phoenix has been plotting to devastate her captor and destroy his brothel of under-aged sex-trafficking victims ever since arriving at Rêve. But the beating he recently gave her over some bank accounts fans the flames of hatred into a firestorm. Now, to her delight, plans to accomplish exactly what she’s been hoping for are in place—and the results will be brutal. Even better, every depraved man using them for sex will be revealed for what they are to their family, friends, and business associates.
 

Phoenix, Jamie, and the other captives know the plans must play out flawlessly. Any unforeseen glitches will likely mean not only an end to escape, but of their very lives. However, perfection seldom exists. Something is bound to go wrong.

And when it does, Jamie will be left wondering if he’s just signed all their death warrants.

**Content Warning: This drama contains adult themes and scenes that deal with a difficult topic.



Review: When I started reading the There Was a House Saga, I knew I was in for a treat as Caddy Rowland is a wonderful writer and never disappoints. I knew to expect something that would pull at my heart and bring out every emotion within me. Caddy never ceases to amaze me with her work. 

These books are amazing. The story Caddy portrayed is a very difficult one. If you have a heart at all the characters will bring tears to your eyes many times during the story.


I love how Caddy ended the Saga. I only wish that the same happy ending could be guaranteed for those that have to face the same fate in reality.

No comments: