Monday, January 23, 2012

Goddess in Pyjamas by Lucy Daniel Raby

Goddess in Pyjamas
by: Lucy Daniel Raby


Publication date: May 12, 2011
Publisher: Paul Hurst
Source: Ebook provided by author


Synopsis:
When 12 year old Venus Matthews is abducted in the middle of the night to a faraway planet to find she is the living re-incarnation of their male god Sunev, she just wants to go home. Her parents will be worried sick and she’s got a maths test tomorrow. But destiny compels her to stay and save this world…...and she's only got till tomorrow morning earth time to do it!
Review:
I was asked by the author to review this novel and to be honest I was rather skeptical about it. I mean really, a goddess? in pajamas? Haha. Anyways, I believe that the author has a very interesting, very concrete story to tell and I throughly enjoyed the story line of this novel. The plot of the novel is wonderful and the pictures it put in my head were nothing short of exquisite.

However, it was very hard for me to continue reading and over look so many grammar errors as well as spelling errors. At some points while reading this book I thought to myself "Was this book edited at all? And if it was, who was the editor because I will NEVER let them edit for me when I finish my novel!" I am far from a professional but I believe I could have done a better job editing this piece of work!

If not for the frequent grammar and spelling errors I would have easily given this book FOUR GLASSES, but since the editor didn't so such a hot job I have to say...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an interesting review! I love your "glasses" concept of rating with you "Intoxicated by Books" theme. That's very fun.

I would love for you to check out my blog- in which I attempt to read as many books as humanly possible in 2012! As a professional reader yourself, I'll bet your recommendations would be great!

-Erin
http://erinsbibliomania.blogspot.com/